Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Belated Spring!

Here are some Spring Pictures that I took back in March, around Mom's Birthday.

It was so nice out and I was dying to get out and plant but it was still a little early so I made this wreath for our front door.

On Mom's birthday we went to Lowe's and bought some different plants to put in our yard.

The Lilac Bush we planted in Mom's memory.

Our winter blooming Camellias.

My pot of Ranunculas. One of my favorites along with Peonies.
Hopefully this summer or next I can get some Peonies planted.

I planted some Lily of the Valley last year and one plant came back, but no blooms.
I will just keep at it a little at a time and maybe one day our yard will look as nice as Mom always kept hers!


2 comments:

Juliet said...

A Lilac Bush. What a great tribute to your Mom.

Last year I planted three Lily of the Valley plants. This year I got one flower. Just one more than you.:) If you went to my blog when I had that beautiful vase Candice got me for my birthday one year with two stems of lilacs and one Lily of the Valley on the top of my blog,that was the one flower I got this year.

Keep up the great idea of planting more flowers around your home so it will look like your mom's did. I always loved coming to your mom's house in the summer just to see her flowers around the house.

Ann-Marie said...

Beautiful - and what a wonderful reminder! I remember your house always being surrounded by gorgeous plants and flowers. It will be so wonderful to see you carry on the tradition!

guru


Contributors