Thursday, March 19, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


On Saturday it would have been mom's 53rd birthday. It is kind of funny to me that mom did not like her middle name, Spring, because to me that is exactly what she was. She was Spring. Her smile and laugh were like the first flowers that you see at spring. For me, her presence was just as anticipated as the first warm day of spring that you just could'nt wait for. Every time spring comes around I just can't help but think of my mom. Thank you Lord for the beautiful reminders of mom that are always around me.

I thought some of you might like to see what you got mom on her birthday a few years back (1968 & 1969 to be exact) . I was reading through her diary that Uncle Scott got her for her birthday one year, and here is what she wrote on the date of her birthday.






What a great family!













6 comments:

Judi Rehfeldt said...

Your mom was the greatest! I remember so many things about her cuz I grew up at Berean too. Most of all I remenber her singing! She had the best alto voice of all time!!! She would make the rest of us sound awesome with her harmonizing! Another thing was her positive attitude, she wasn't one to complain and she loved life! Thanks for the reminder of my great sister-in-law, Kathleen Spring!

Juliet said...

And to think that "Juliet and Bod" gave her $2.00. Wow what big spenders we were back then.

You mom is truly missed ALL the time. No one can take her place. All her brothers and sister miss her especially in March.

Love that photo of us crazy garage sailers.

Ann-Marie said...

Happy birthday memories to my second mom, Aunt Kathy! Oh my, you know how much I loved her. We miss her every day.

Deb said...

I miss my favorite Aunt. We all have such wonderful memories of her. :) Much love to you, Charity and Colleen!

mom2mine said...

I happened upon your blog and I am glad I did. I loved your mom. She was always so.... well... HER. Spring is a wonderful name for her.

Carol Lea Ashmore said...

HI GIRLS, YOUR MOM-MISS HOSPITALITY
AND I LOVED HER FLOWER GARDEN. I CALLED HER FOR ADVISE ONCE AND SHE SAID "YOU'LL HAVE TO PRAY ABOUT IT AND SEEK THE LORD'S WILL." SHE KNEW SHE DIDN'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. I HAVE A MEMORY WALL OF MY SISTER, KATHY, JUST INSIDE MY FRONT DOOR - THAT LAST PICTURE B.J.
TOOK OF HER AND ANOTHER PICTURE WITH GRANDMA AND OTHER DECOR-SAME COLORS.

guru


Contributors