Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grandma Rehfeldt's Orange Cookies

Since Ann-Marie's mention of orange cookies in her reading about Grandma some people have asked for the recipe. So here it is as given to me by Aunt Louise.

Cookies:
1 Cup Shortening
1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp Grated Orange Rind
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
3 Cups Flour
Bake at 325 degrees 12-15 minutes

Frosting:
2 tsp. Butter
2 Cups Confectionery Sugar
3 tsp. Orange Juice
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Grated Orange Rind

Hope you all enjoy!

3 comments:

CANDICE said...

I don't like orange stuff.... how bout Grandma's potato salad...
I love that.

Juliet said...

I love, love those cookies! Perhaps when I get back from Door County, I'll make some.

Ann-Marie said...

Oops, I linked to you guys, but I forgot to tell you. Thanks for doing all the work! :-)

guru


Contributors